Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Bad Experience...

Dear New Immigrant,
BE CAREFUL! NOT ALL FELLOW IMMIGRANTS ARE HONEST!
Just last week, I got hired by a classmate. I didn't have experience. I thought about it simply. She was going through a divorce. She cried and told me to help her pick up her children at school. She would to pay me. She took a copy of my green card copy, social security number, driver's license, and apply to Department of Social & Health Services (DSHS). She told me:" Government will pay for me."
Every day at 8:00a.m I drove my car and took her children to the bus, and I went to the supermarket bought some foods for her family. And at 11:00 a.m I picked up her children came home. I worked for her for several days . Finally, I asked her:" How much will you pay for me? Do you pay for me hourly or monthly?". Did you sign the contract I gave you? She suddenly was angry, and didn't answer me. After that, she called me and gave me only $40 dollars for the 4 days I worked at her home.

I asked her to return my green card copy, social security number, and driver's licence, but she didn't return my documents. I called her over 10 times, but she didn't answer. I went to her house and called her, she didn't open the door. I still haevn't gotten my copies back.
I want to write a letter to new immigrants about my experience be careful when you find a job. Always ask for schedule and contract before you work. And don't give away your information.

1 comment:

  1. Dung, So bad to hear, that people you known is taking advantage of you. My advice to you about job have it in writting and clearify about duties, hours of working, and salary.
    Yes! as long we're been in the States, we learn more and more about... people!

    ReplyDelete